About Us

A very warm welcome to the website of East Parade Malayalam Church, Bangalore

East Parade Malayalam Pastorate is so closely associated with the Church where it is located now, that it has taken its very name from the Church. But it was neither known by that name in the beginning, nor was it associated with that Church in the first twelve years of its existence. It started as CSI  Malayalam Congregation, Bangalore and had varied locations in the city, for worship services in its early years. Its humble beginning is marked by the worship service held for the first time in Malayalam in this city according to the CSI order of service, with just 14 worshippers lead by Rev. V.T.Kurian. That worship service took place not in any Church but in Haigh Memorial hall situated behind the present day Unity Buildings.
The Congregation obtained the recognition of the local Diocese viz The Mysore Diocese of CSI on the 29th of Oct, 1953. The congregation also obtained the services of a pastor (Rev. M.K.George) from Madhya Kerala Diocese. Till then it was Rev. V.T. Kurian who was ministering to the needs of the Congregation in addition to his own duties as a faculty member of the UTC…

The arrangement with the St. Marks Cathedral was totally inadequate for a growing congregation. By 1957 the total Strength including children had reached 250. Hence the Congregation was exploring other possibilities for conducting their services. It was at that time that Dr.D.R.Sedlo Presbyter of St. Andrew’s Kirk on Cubbon Road came to the aid of Malayalam Congregation. Permission was granted to use all facilities at St. Andrew’s Kirk for the Worship Services and all other activities of the Malayalam congregation. The congregation moved to the St. Andrew’s Kirk in July 1958.